TRACK LIST FOR BLACK PANTHER FILM REVEALED
Fans of the upcoming Black Panther film (and of Kendrick Lamar) already knew that he was producing the soundtrack to Marvel’s newest film. After having his tracks featured in trailers and on the album itself (with “All The Stars” featuring SZA), the official track list was released with the the album cover on Twitter.
The album cover is literally the Black Panther’s necklace over a superimposed black background. With allusions to the power of black power on the album.
With the film being considered the “blackest” film ever produced, the album is suited to match the film in star power and culture. Besides Kendrick (who appears on five songs), Top Dawg label mates ScHoolBoy Q, Jay Rock and Ab-Soul are featured as well. The heavy hitter appearances come from 2 Chainz, Travis Scott and The Weeknd while young independent artists Khalid, Anderson .Paak and Vince Staples appear as well. In light of setting an example, Kendrick features underground artists such as Swae Lee, Young Blackrok, Jorja Smith and SOB x RBE.
The soundtrack was revealed to have 14 songs with every artist revealed next to the song names, except for the song “Redemption Interlude”. With this in mind, Kendrick may be holding one final secret with “Redemption Interlude”. Seems like a super hitter might be the anchor on that track.
The track list from the back of the album.
1. “Black Panther”-Kendrick Lamar
2. “All The Stars”-Kendrick Lamar & SZA
3. “X”-ScHoolBoy Q featuring 2 Chainz & Saudi
4. “The Ways”-Khalid & Swae Lee
5. “Opps”-Vince Staples & Young Blackrok
6. “I Am”-Jorja Smith
7. “Paramedic!”-SOB x RBE
8. “Bloody Waters”-Ab-Soul featuring Anderson .Paak & James Blake
9. “Kings Dead”-Jay Rock featuring Kendrick Lamar, Future & James Blake
10. “Redemption Interlude”
11. “Redemption”-Zicari &Babes Wodumo
12. “Seasons”-Mozzy featuring Sjava & Reason
13. “Big Shot”-Kendrick Lamar & Travis Scott
14. “Pray For Me”-The Weeknd & Kendrick Lamar
The film releases on February 16th while the album drops February 9th through Interscope Records.
This blog was first posted on Accentrik Production